"Dehesa de Campoamor" is the correct name. Campoamor is located within the boundaries of the municipality of Orihuela, in the nature reserve "Sierra de Escalona"
The origin of the name of this urbanisation is associated with the poet Ramon Campoamor (1845). He was once governor of the province of Alicante.
On entering into a marriage he bought a field called "Dehesa de Matamoros" and renamed it "Dehesa de Campoamor"
Since the fifties, people started to inhabit the Campoamor area. Firstly, they built off the beaches "Playa de la Glea" better known as "Playa Grande" and "Barranco Rubio" nowadays known as "Playa Pequeña." During the years 1990 to 2000 the building extended to the adjacent area "MiIl Palmeras" and to "Cabo Roig"
Due to the large expansion of building, its origin as an oasis of pine trees and sandy beaches has been turned into one of the most densely built-up areas of Alicante.
Most of the remaining green is around "Campoamor" golf course, which is now protected by various environmental organisations.